Friday, December 6

That Time Everything Worked Out Perfectly // part 2


Brooke and I clicked right away. We talked on the phone for probably an hour and then made plans to meet up later that week. I could tell right away that she was crazy about her girls, and I loved that she was whispering through our whole convo while her 5 month old slept in her arms. 

They live half way up Queen Anne hill, a quiet part of the neighborhood with lots of sidewalks and a playground nearby. I was greeted by a mommy and a baby, and could hear a big sister playing in her bedroom. It took a few minutes before she felt like coming out to meet me but, when she did, I heard all about her teacher at school and the artwork she’d made that day. She showed me her favorite books while her sister kicked and cooed on the floor next to where we sat. I think we were buddies from that point on. Baby sis was such a cutie! Totally calm and happy. I just wanted to snuggle and cuddle her but refrained just a bit so as not to seem too excited. Ha! 

This felt perfect. The hours were exactly what I needed, I felt at home right away in their space, the girls and I got off to a great start, and like I said, Brooke and I really hit it off. But I had competition! Brooke let me know that she’d already interviewed a couple other nannies and that she had a couple more later that week. We parted ways, happy to have met, and with promises to be in touch soon. 

Two days before Christmas, Brooke gave me a call. I could hear that her house was full of company - her family was visiting for Christmas! She told me that the other interviews had gone okay but when she asked Shelby which nanny she liked the best, Shelby said ‘Joy! I liked Joy the best!’ Oh my. Talk about heart melt. It meant so much to me that Shelby could tell we’d make a good pair from just that first little while together. Turns out, Brooke agreed with the girls and asked if I’d like to be Paige and Shelby’s nanny. Yes! I’d love to! 

This was it! What a relief to find a family that you just fit into right away! God had this all planned out for me and I was so thankful! Not only was it evident by how well we all hit it off in the beginning, but a few weeks later there was another big surprise that God knew was coming, even though I didn’t! I’m so glad He can see the big picture ;)

...To Be Continued...


Tell me about a time something just clicked together perfectly for you. A new job? A new friendship? 

xoxo
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me a little note