Thursday, April 28

14th Day!

It's here! 
I woke up today to the last day of my second week without an employer.
I don't like to say 'unemployed' because I chose to leave my job and because I've still been working really hard.

I've got to tell you how Jesus has been providing side jobs for me.
Literally out of nowhere.
Get comfy, I've got a lot of exciting things to say!

Okay, let's start from the beginning:

20090427014137.jpg


Since April 16th, I have done two foils for two new friends.
Given three haircuts to friends/brothers.

tumblr_lk3m86YmBs1qgz1l5o1_500_large.jpg


Last Friday a friend's wife (whom I'd never met) emailed me to ask if I could do an updo for her friend on her wedding day.
Yes please!
Did I mention we hadn't met before that day?
This job literally fell into my lap.

Photobucket

I've had two serious inquiries about spring photo shoots.
And there's a check on the way from a summer wedding.

Do you know what all this means?
I have earned the equivalent of a two week pay check.
Without an employer.
Can you believe it?!
I am so thankful that Jesus is teaching me to rely on Him.
These side jobs have been complete confirmation that He was waiting for me to quit my job so that He could provide for us.
Hallelujah.

I've also had a really productive two weeks at home, and been able to spend a lot of time with friends.

Photobucket
Road trip with Kristie.

Photobucket
Surprise dinner with Amanda.

Photobucket
Breakfast with Naomi.

Spent 18 hours building up and tearing down this stage.

Photobucket
Made huge progress on this mess.

Photobucket
Enjoyed a shoot with this lady,

Photobucket
and this lady.

Not to mention all the projects I've either finally started or finally completed.
I'm feeling very blessed and, even though my list is still long, like I'm accomplishing a lot.

Phew! 
It's only been two weeks!
I'm so so excited to see what comes next. 

In the days that follow, I have some fun projects to show you,
a photo shoot, and my craft studio progress. 

Thanks for spending a little bit of your time visiting me over here...

xoxo
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me a little note