Wednesday, June 1

Summer Cookin'

Photobucket

Photobucket

Holy Pizza, Batman.
This is goooood food, let me tell you.
I got the idea out of a Weight Watchers cookbook so that means it's healthy pizza!!

Wanna make it for yourself?
Okay, well, I'll tell you how but you should probably share a slice or two.

Photobucket

1 thin pizza crust (I used Boboli)
1 cup refried beans
1 1/2 cup shredded chicken
1 bell pepper (any color will do) cut up in little pieces
1 can of corn, drained
1 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend is good)
1 tbsp cilantro
1/2 cup fresh salsa

Preheat oven to 475*

-Put the pizza crust on a baking sheet and bake it for 5 minutes

-While that's in the oven, heat up the beans. We don't have a microwave so I put 'em
on the stove for a few minutes, just until they're warmed up and soft

-Take the crust out of the oven and spread it with beans

-Next comes the chicken, peppers, and corn. Oh, and cheese!

-Bake all that for about 9 minutes...until the cheese is melted

-Now you can put on the salsa and cilantro

Mmm mm...good!!

Camillo looooved this and said it was one of the best he'd ever had.
Thank you. Thank you very much.
The cookbook called for green chiles, which I didn't have - enter corn.
I also added the peppers to the recipe.
Talk about versatile - you can add whatever you like!
It's a perfect summer meal - light and easy with tons of veggies and lots of protein!

Hope you enjoy!!
xoxo
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me a little note