Wednesday, October 5

On dancing with the Kinect and not eating sugar

Excuse the grainy webcam photo but I'd like to show you what we're up to tonight.
Josiah's shakin' his booty to Dance Central on the Kinect!
Oh my gosh...I really wish someone else was seeing this - it's so hilarious!!
He's hanging out with us for a night or two and we're gonna have so much fun!
We've already read some books and gone to Goodwill to look for costumes.
Tomorrow we're gonna finish an art project we started for Mama last time he was here.
I love little brothers!

In other news, I've decided to cut sugar (or substitute) out of my diet.
It's been 9 days since I've had anything more sugary than fruit.
The first few days were rough but it definitely gets easier every time I say 'no thanks' to dessert.
Except tonight there are cookies in the oven and, well, I kinda want one.
But one will turn into 16 so I will refrain.
I figure my cheat day should be Friday because then, if it makes me feel like death, I don't have to work the next day.
My decision to cut sugar out was made out of annoyance at always being tired and not feeling quite right.
It got the point where I thought maybe I'd developed an intolerance to dairy or gluten.
Hoping that wasn't the case, I chose to start with sugar.
So far I've been feeling a lot better and can probably blame my fatigue on the fact that I've only been getting 6-7 hours of sleep each night.
NOT enough for someone who needs 8-9.

Anyways, I'll keep you updated on how the no-sugar thing goes.
I really hope to cleanse my body a little and get back on the right track.
What's something you've changed in your diet in order to be healthier?

Night night!
xoxo
Joy

 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing! I decided to cut out dairy a few weeks ago because my digestive system would not function during the first half of the day, I would wake up bloated and with stomach cramps for no reason. It has been an amazing change! I never wake up feeling that way anymore and I hardly ever feel bloated or have cramps anymore. So amazing! I'm glad your decision has been helping so far. As for the energy thing, try taking a melatonin supplement (I take a 3.5 mg tab every night) before bed, you will wake up feeling so rested, just make sure you have at least 7 hours to sleep. It's made such a huge difference in my energy level!

    ReplyDelete

Write me a little note