Monday, October 15

Two Months!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Today this little man is two months big! Can you believe it? No, I cannot. As you can see here, he had a rough time waking up this morning. Ha! According to Wonder Weeks, he's going through a development leap that makes him a little grumpy. Well, grumpy makes it sound intentional and that's not the case. He's just a bit fussy and needs more Mama time. And lemme tell ya, Mama doesn't mind the cuddles.

According to the book, babies go through different leaps during certain weeks. For instance, Ollie is 8 1/2 weeks and research has shown that between 7 and 9 weeks, he's discovering patterns. Not only visually but in motions, too. I've noticed that he stares intently at the pattern of rungs along his crib, or the lines on daddy's shirt. He's also learned that when I'm pulling up my shirt and fixing my stuff, I'm getting ready to feed him and he calms down.  Anyways, it's a great book. I read it while I was taking care of Paige and each leap was always right on. If you have a kidlet that's under 18 months, I'd highly recommend grabbing a copy. It doesn't cure any fussiness, per se, but it's a lot easier to be compassionate with a tiny screamer when you realize that it's not all your fault when they are a little bit miserable. They're just going through so much change in a short time. Maybe for some moms that's a given but it's helped me a lot :)

Well. Didn't mean to go off on that bunny trail, excuse me. I'm just learning so much about my little bambino and I know it's just the beginning! I've got some posts planned that doesn't have everything to do with my kid. I mean, he's the cutest. But I realize I may be biased.

xoxo
Joy


2 comments:

  1. Such a handsome little man, Joy! You did good! Yay for learning! It helps keep the adventure alive in life, I feel! You are such a cute blogger too. (I don't know, if I have ever told you that.) But, I have enjoyed reading your posts so much. Congrats again! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsey! We think he's pretty cute, too ;) I'm happy to hear you enjoy reading my ramblings, ha! And thanks for pointing out the title mix up :)

      Delete

Write me a little note