Wednesday, June 12

Painted Canvas DIY

Hello, Pinners! I'm so happy to have you here, thanks for coming to visit. This DIY has had tons of traffic and I'd just like to personally welcome you to HappyCandido. Stay for a bit and look around! There are a few more DIYs here!!
--------------------------- 

I found this post from A Beautiful Mess almost a year ago and knew it was an idea I'd like to try out someday. Well, someday finally came and I did it! It took me a couple days from start to finish because, well, I'm running a small zoo. But if you started in the morning and had a fan to speed up dry time, you could do this project in one day! 
For my design, I knew I wanted to use arrows. I'm kind of into the whole tribal decor idea going on. I logged in to Pinterest for some inspiration and then hand drew my arrows. You could also trace a design!
I would advise being careful with step 4. My contact paper wasn't super sticky and, if I got carried away with the brush, it would peel up a bit. In the end, I didn't mind the sketchy edges but if you think you might, just be careful :)
Once your top coat has dried, peel the stickers off to reveal your two tone canvas. And that's it! Your artwork is ready for display! I'm super excited about my arrow canvas. It's messy and imperfect - which makes it perfect to me! There are so many possibilities for this technique. I'll have to be careful not to get too carried away. Ha! 
If you try this project, I'd love to see it! Leave a link in the comments and I'll be sure to take a look.
xoxo
Joy

5 comments:

  1. i love this idea, and will definitely be trying it! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what you create, Erin! Thanks for reading :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. i love this! what kind of paint is the top coat!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amber! The top coat is just a sample size of Behr interior! This one, actually: http://tinyurl.com/ogpcgo3 Although, it looks a little less green in the photo above..Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I loved this craft so much I ended up doing it myself. I made a little post about it on my blog too if you'd like to see the outcome :)
    http://sarahinwonderlandtheblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/canvas-art-diy.html

    ReplyDelete

Write me a little note