Friday, January 17

So Long, Farewell


So, I’m wrestling with why I want to write this blog. What I want to write about and for who. Do I want to write to become a part of a community, writing about what readers want to read, for followers? Or do I need to write in order to sort things out. About my circumstances. For me?

I want to write about my relationships with my mom and dad. And their relationship with each other. I want to write about how I’m not sure who I am aside from Mama. How some days I don’t feel like I fit in anywhere. I want to write about what it's like being married to someone from a different culture. I want to write about my brothers. My memories of childhood. I want to ramble on and on about the thoughts that I can’t quite grasp but can feel stirring in my soul. 

But I don’t think here is the place for that. 

Consider this an official leave of absence (in case the last 35 days of silence weren’t official enough). I need to search my heart and check my motives. 

Maybe someday I’ll be back. 
Until then...

xoxo

Joy

ps. I still enjoy posting photos to Instagram. Follow me there if you'd like to stay in touch! 

2 comments:

  1. I have missed your posts as it gives us a glimpse into your life! But I understand too why you are giving it a rest.I know Emily is writing about Tillie's journey as a way of healing. ....blessings to you Joy! I have enjoyed seeing you grow into a wonderful young woman..

    ReplyDelete

Write me a little note