Monday, April 18

Last day in Portland!

Our Saturday in Portland started at Lodekka.
What a cool little shop, eh?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Walked through a couple more shops and then made our way towards the depot.
Ya know, the Fabric Depot.
On the way we made a pit stop at consignment store.
And found these...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A quick lunch at a little drive-in diner...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Finally...the place we came to Portland for.........

Photobucket

It wasn't Kristie's first time but I had never been there and had no idea what to expect.
I envisioned something like Costco.
Only with fabric instead of food.

Photobucket
Photobucket

We got there at about 4:30 pm and had so much fun!
I kept saying 'oh, I'm so happy!'
And then I started dancing through the isles...
Literally twirling and leaping.

Photobucket

Kristie found her gray and white and fell in love.
Swoon.

Photobucket

Soon, our cart was full and the list of projects we were buying for kept growing and growing.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In what felt like no time we were buried up to our eyeballs!

Photobucket

It was at this point that I needed a quick snooze.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Then we revamped with a few snacks and felt much better.

Photobucket

We spent the next half hour or so double checking our fabric choices and going over specifics like yardage/costs/etc.
It wasn't until the store started to quiet down that we realized it was already 8:45!!
We'd been there for over four hours and weren't ready to leave yet!
I think if the store hadn't been closing, we would have spent a lot longer.
Fabric, ribbon, notions, patterns, and all sorts of other crafty things - we were in heaven!

Kristie asked how I was feeling and this is what I came up with:

Photobucket

Barely awake but still oh-so-happy!!
It was about 9:15 before we got out of there and headed for home.
Even today I feel like I'm on some sort of inspirational high.
So much to sew!

Let me just tell you that if you're in need of the perfect road trip/dancing in the car/singing to JT/spending almost 5 hours in one store pal, Kristie is your gal!
We had a great time and I'd do it all again in a heart beat!
Maybe next time with more friends!

I'll show you some close ups of my fabric choices soon.
I hope you'll like them because I lovelovelove them!!!

xoxo
Joy 

1 comment:

  1. oh. wow. i laughed out loud through your whole post. you're the best road tripper i could ever ask for. good times buddy!! love you!

    SUITCASE

    ReplyDelete

Write me a little note