Tuesday, October 8

Chicken "Alfredo" Bake

this post is part of my 31 Day series. here is the beginning


My, oh my! This was a huge hit in the Candido house tonight! Camillo was ranting over it and Ollie wolfed down so much, I could hardly believe it. This Chicken 'Alfredo' Bake is a delicious meal that I felt really good serving my boys. Wanna know why? There's not a hint of cream or flour..The alfredo is actually cauliflower puree!! I found the recipe for this tasty sauce on Pinterest and was excited to try it. So good!! 

It was also a great meal to make throughout the day. I made the sauce during Ollie's morning nap, and then cooked the pasta and baked the chicken during his afternoon nap! By the time 5:30 rolled around, dinner was practically made, I just had to mix all components together and bake it! Here's how you can make it for your family:

Chicken 'Alfredo' Bake
1 lb chicken, cooked and cubed 
1 box penne pasta, cooked al dante
2 cups creamy cauliflower sauce (more if you like it extra creamy)
1 1/2 frozen peas
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used colby jack)

Once you have your chicken, pasta, and sauce prepared accordingly, pour all ingredients into a large bowl and gently stir until coated with cauliflower sauce. Add more until you get the creamy consistency you like. Pour into medium casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375* for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes, until cheese is golden crispy. 

Bon appétit! 

xoxo
Joy

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so delicious!
    Dora
    http://adropofindigo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to thank you, Joy, for sharing the cauliflower sauce recipe! I made it once last week and again this week, so DELISH! We made pizza with it last night, so yummy, and tonight I am gonna whip this recipe up with the leftovers! Thanks for the kitchen inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerry, I'm so glad you guys love it! We just had it again tonight and man, it's so good! I wanna try it on pizza, too :) Thanks for reading and for commenting! xoxo

      Delete

Write me a little note