Thursday, October 10

Roasted Veggies // Dice Toss Bake

this post is part of my 31 Day series. here is the beginning

I've mentioned before that Camillo is definitely a meat eater. I am, too, but sometimes I get tired of it. For a while, I thought about ways I could take meat out of a couple dinners each week. Sometimes my imagination came up empty and I thought 'then what the heck will we eat for dinner?!'. I know. A little dramatic. But then I saw a picture on a friend's Facebook page and it looked so good. SO GOOD. Sometimes I just crave veggies. Anyways, Ollie and I got packed up and walked to the store. I loaded the stroller with some produce and just like that - a vegetarian dinner was planned!
This dinner was, like, really hard to make. So, just be prepared. Here's what you have to do:

Roasted Veggies
Prep time: 10 minutes   Bake time: 30 minutes

Choose your favorite vegetables (the ones I chose are seen above)
Dice your clean veggies into (almost) same size chunks
Toss in large bowl with about 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle in some garlic seasoning and parmesan cheese, as much or little as you'd like
Spread veggies onto a large, sided pan (I don't know what it's called but it's a cookie sheet with an inch of siding. Ha! Told you there wasn't anything fancy going on in here!)
Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt (my garlic seasoning was salt free so I didn't double up on saltiness)
Bake for 15 minutes at 350* then take them out and stir them up on the pan. Sprinkle a bit more sea salt and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so
Poke a couple veggies with a fork and if they're tender, they're done!
Serve hot in a dish..like a pie pan!  

And that's it! If you didn't catch my sarcasm before, this was not a hard recipe. It took me 10 minutes to wash and dice my vegetables and then I just let them roast in the oven! Camillo really liked it and I was so glad he didn't miss the meat. We'll be eating this more often, for sure. There are so many possible variations! I also used a bit of left over cauliflower sauce for dipping. And these leftovers will probably find themselves in a frittata this week. Yes! 

What vegetables would you choose?

xoxo
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me a little note